Whether you are married or trusting God for marriage, prayers for faithful marriage are one of the prayer points you should never do without. Prayers for faithful marriage can shield you from making lifelong mistakes and help protect your home.
As Children of God, marriage should not be something to see how it goes. In other words, you must prepare and be determined to make it work. Marriage is a lifetime union, and it will be regretful to live the rest of your life miserably by living with the wrong partner.
Honestly, no perfect marriage. Likewise, no perfect human being: only God is perfect. However, there can be a perfect match. Compatibility in marriage is an essential element. After accessing the physical attribute of your partner, it is also important to take note of your spiritual life.
Putting God first before going to the altar with your partner and making Him the number one in your marriage should be a priority. It means telling God to be the Alpha and Omega. Trust me. You will have a smooth and envious ride in your marriage.
These prayers for faithful marriage are for married people and those looking up to God for a partner. It will help you build your relationship and home on solid rock. Remember, Jesus Christ is the rock. Ensure to read everything on this page and share it with Family and friends.
God’s Purpose for Marriage
Marriage is the first institution God created in the beginning. Genesis Chapter 2 explains this in detail. It is an ordained union from God.
Marriage is not just about procreation. Eccl 9: 9 says, “Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.”
Before you think of getting married, ask yourself, Why am I doing this? Am I doing this because I want people to see me as a married man or woman? If this is Probably the reason for you getting married, then you are making a mistake.
Many people are into marriage for the wrong reason, and as a result, their expectations become higher than the result they get. When partners are on the same page in their relationship, things work out well, and it is much easier to settle differences.
The devil understands how precious marriage is to God, and he attacks marriages with misunderstanding, pride, poverty, infidelity, covetousness, unruly behaviour and much more.
Infidelity, on the other hand, is a common factor that has broken many unions. A saying goes, “The purpose of a thing is found in the maker of that thing,” meaning that, for someone to articulate and know their primary purpose of marriage properly, one must first acknowledge God as the creator of marriage. If you are married right now, and your marriage does not seek to glorify God and also make you a better person towards Him, then there is a huge problem.
It is better to pray for something when it has not arrived than to try to pray for it when we know we have already made a mistake. It is better to pray for marriage before it comes time to try to use prayer to correct a faulty marriage. Do not quote me wrong, please; there is nothing God cannot do, but a saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure.”
Why Marriage Fail?
Have you not wondered why marriages do not last as long in our generation as they used to in the days of old?
If you are not married yet, thank God you stumbled on this article. If you are married and feel married to the wrong person, the good news is that there is no damage beyond repair as far as God is concerned. All you need to do now is be open-minded and ready to learn, unlearn, and relearn.
This question, “Why do marriages fail?” has been one of the most searched phrases about marriage on the internet.
Marriages fail For so many reasons:
Lack of proper knowledge of what marriage entails
Many young men and women have gotten into marriages without knowing what marriage entails. Some probably feel marriage is all about love alone; love alone cannot sustain a marriage. The earlier we learn about marriage, the better for us; this will help us know if we are physically, emotionally, spiritually, and financially ready for marriage.
Inability to find purpose in life
One of the root causes of failure in marriage is that partners do not know their purpose in life. If you do not know your purpose in life, you will likely embark on a journey with the wrong person. I am sure you know what this implies: embarking on a journey with the wrong person means embarking on the wrong journey.
If you’re married to someone without finding your purpose in life, the day you find out who you are and realize that your partner is not actually who you thought they were, divorce is inevitable.
This has been one of the greatest enemies of a successful marriage for a long time now. Satan uses this method to destroy a lot of homes. This is when prayer comes in. Let me be sincere with you: a lot of infidelity is found in physically propelled marriages. Some of them are spiritual forces sent from the kingdom of darkness to destroy marriages instituted by God. The only way to stop this is through divine intervention through prayers.
Taking God out of the picture
The last but not the slightest reason marriages fail is that many people want to take God out of the picture in their marriages. People who do this tend to pay the price in a short time. God instituted marriage for his glorification; the earlier we know this, the better for us. Today, many people have gone into wrong marriages because they neglected God.
I initially did not want to talk about this, but as I pondered it, the Holy Spirit dropped some words in my heart. Greed is wrong, and it is one of the killers of marriages. Many people have fallen into the wrong hands because of a lack of contentment. God has a way of calling our spirit to order when we are about to do the wrong thing. Sometimes, greed clouds our kind, so we forget the main reason for our existence.
If that man is not heading your way, if that woman is not heading your way in destiny, do not marry because of what you stand to gain; it will end in shambles. I talked to a good friend a couple of days ago, and she told me that she does not want to marry just to be called Mrs but to fulfil God’s divine purpose in her life.
If a wealthy man who is not heading her way in destiny tries to propose to her for the sake of her destiny, she will say a very big No to him. Greed kills and destroys marriages. A man or woman who gets into marriage out of greed will cheat, not because he or she wants to but because there is no fulfilment in the union.
Prayers For Faithful Marriage Bible Verses
If you go through the Bible, you realize many things about marriages have been said. God supports marriage.
According to the Book of Genesis, chapter 2:18, God said it is not suitable for a man to be alone. Therefore he makes him a helper (wife).
Proverbs 18:22: He that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from God.
Genesis 2:24: Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one.
Proverbs 21:9: It is better to live on the housetop than to share a house with a troublesome wife.
Proverbs 19:14: House and Wealth can be inherited from patents, but a prudent wife is gotten from God.
Ephesians 5:25: Husbands, love your wife as Christ loved the Church and gave himself out for her.
Prayers for Faithful Marriage
- Lord, I thank you for the blessing of marriage and the promises my spouse and I made to one another. I ask that we continue to be devoted to one another and our marriage.
- Father in heaven, enhance our bonds of affection. Please remind us to put our relationship first and consider each other’s needs before our own.
- I ask the Lord to guard our marriage. Protect us from outside pressures or temptations that could lead to conflict or adultery.
- Holy Spirit, help us to communicate clearly. Help us communicate with one another in an open, sincere, and forgiving manner so we may always resolve disputes with love and grace.
- Father, I ask that you protect our marriage from conceit or selfishness. Teach us to be kind and understand one another’s needs and feelings.
- Lord, grant us discernment as we make decisions together. Please assist us in seeking your advice on all issues about our marriage, and may you will be done.
- Dear God, I ask for cooperation and harmony in our marriage. May we always collaborate to achieve our shared objectives, supporting and motivating one another?
- Heavenly Father, mend any rifts or afflictions that might have damaged our union. Help us to forgive one another and ourselves so that we might advance in love and harmony.
- Lord, I ask that our relationship grow closer and more intimate. May we always enjoy each other’s presence and our time spent together.
- Father, I beg for endurance to get us through challenging times in our marriage. Please remind us of our commitment to one another as we persevere.
- Dear God, I ask for emotional closeness in our union. Please help us be vulnerable with one another by enabling us to comprehend and support each other’s emotions.
- Lord, I ask that you protect our marriage from drug or alcohol addiction. Set us free from any ties that are preventing us from being together.
- I ask you, Heavenly Father, to re-establish trust in our union. Please help us to be loyal to one another and to re-establish trust when it has been lost.
- God, please shield our hearts and brains from harm. Please protect our ideas and feelings so that we can keep our marriage our priority.
- Lord, I ask for fulfilling and healthy physical intimacy in our union. Please assist us in expressing our love and desires in a manner that pleases and honours you.
- Father, I ask for guidance in raising our kids. Please help us to bring our children up in a way that enhances our marriage and praises you.
- I pray to God for our marriage to be financially wise. Please help us make sensible choices and meet our desires with your glorious resources.
- Lord, I ask that our marriage have a strong feeling of collaboration. Please assist us in encouraging one another’s goals and aspirations and sharing each other’s accomplishments.
- Dear Heavenly Father, please grant our marriage times of relaxation and renewal. Give us a chance to unwind and reconnect away from the hustle and bustle of life.
- Lord, grant that our marriage will have a thriving social life. Give us friends and mentors who will encourage and enhance our relationship.
- Lord, I pray for endurance and comprehension in our marriage. Please help us to be kind and patient with one another, especially when we disagree.
- Father, I ask for a spirit of thanksgiving to permeate our union. Help us recognize and be grateful for our small and large blessings.
- God, please shield our marriage from all types of spiritual assault. Please give us the wisdom to spot and foil any adversarial plots while arming us with your armour.
- Lord, I ask you to strengthen our marriage’s faith. Help us develop spiritually as a unit, and always ask for your direction in all our lives.
- Heavenly Father, I give you my wife and me. May our marriage bring praise and glory to your name, and may your perfect will be carried out in our marriage. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Before engaging in these Prayers for faithful marriage, you should do according to what God wants you to do in marriage. Prayers for faithful marriage are the kind of prayer to be prayed whenever one engages in a marriage that pleases God.
You can not make a wrong choice in marriage and still engage in Prayers for faithful marriage; it might not bear good results because you are already out of the father’s will in marriage. God loves us; He wants us to enjoy our marriage.
Satan fights marriages every time. That is the primary purpose for engaging in Prayers for faithful marriage. As you pray these prayers, may you find fulfilment in your marriage in Jesus’ name. Amen.