Prayer for children baptism – Denominations like the Catholic and the Anglican baptize infants and children. Some believe it is better for the child to grow to the age he or she will understand the sacrament and what is all about.
Prayer of baptism for infants is conducted by the leader of the church, the parent and child will also be present. The child takes the vow by himself after he must have completed the confirmation class.
Prayer for Children Baptism
Heavenly Father, we thank you for your love and the grace of calling us to know you.
We ask Oh Lord that this child will grow in wisdom knowledge and understanding to know you.
We ask that from henceforth, the Holy Spirit will continually be your guardian. Strengthen the family and let your love radiate over the child and the family as we welcome him into the body of Christ.
As you have heeded to the master’s call today, taking this step of faith, the Lord will release his blessings and his Holy Spirit upon you today. He will see you through every challenge that might come your way and order your path in the right direction.
Your child has professed Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, let this be the beginning of endless joy and love in his life and the family.
Strengthen him to live righteously for your glory and be a faithful member of the body of Christ
After that, each candidate is presented to the Priest in charge by name (Baptismal name) and immersed in water. The immersion is only for children and not infants, in shallow water. Infants are sprinkled with water as immersing them might be dangerous
Baptism Prayers For Children
We baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and of The Holy Spirit (Amen)
After that, the priest of the pastor prays for them.
Our heavenly Father we thank you for baptizing your children with water and the Holy Spirit, and for the forgiveness of their sins. They are starting a new journey in you, strengthening them, grant them the grace to love you and others.
Prayers For Children Baptism
- Father, we thank you once again for the opportunity of baptism, your children have just taken a bold step of faith, guide their future, let the Holy Spirit direct them to the right paths.
- As they have received the Holy Spirit today Oh Lord, let them continue to grow in the spirit and follow your lead throughout their Journey in Life.
- Oh lord in heaven, these ones have known you, they will never be a lost sheep. They will never fall by the roadside as they embark on eternal race.
- Our Lord and savior, let these children be the light to their family and community, and nothing will stop their shine
- As they are saved Oh Lord, preserve and strengthen them to save others. Make them be a fisher of men for your kingdom, and let them be useful for their generations.
- They are your children Oh lord, Palms 127: 4 says As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. – Bless their parent and family, make them a blessing to their family and generation.
- They have been a special blessing to your family since your arrival into this world, Lord please let them continue to bring happiness into their various homes
- Keep them safe Oh Lord and let them grow in you and know Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.
These prayers for children’s baptism are prayers parents can pray regularly for their children. It will guide them through their journey in life and help them to secure their Christian faith. Pray for your children regularly, these prayers will surely have impacts on their lives now or sooner.
Do you baptize infants and children in your church?
Are your children Baptise?
Drop a comment below, share your opinion below