Let’s quickly explore a guide on 3 days fasting and prayer plan. Fasting and prayer are very important in the life of a believer, some demons can not be chased away through prayers alone, and some have to be through prayer and fasting. Prayer and fasting in the life of a believer should be like the water we drink, or it should be like the air we breathe daily.
The 3 day fasting and prayer plan will help you engage yourself properly during your period of fasting. We do not want you to engage in fasting and yet you do not know the next step to take at every given time.
The importance of prayer and fasting can never be overemphasized, in the book of Ester 4:16, the children of God together with Esther were about to be sent into captivity, and Esther had no other option than to order Mordecai and any other children of Israel to fast and pray.
They did the same, and there was a speedy response, God never ignored their plea. This is to show you how important prayer and fasting are to the life of a believer.
How To Fast And Pray For 3 Days
Pray for Forgiveness of sin: Before you engage in fasting and prayers, you should be able to start with a prayer of forgiveness of sin. Praying and fasting with a sinful heart makes it difficult for God to answer. God hates sin. The sin of envy is one of the sins we often overlook. It is funny how we see nothing wrong with this. When God forgives you, your prayers will be readily
Forgive the sins of those who offended you: The same way we sin against God, that is the same way others are there to sin against you. Before you fast for anything, make sure that you forgive the trespass of those who have trespassed against you. Fasting with a heart full of hate is bad. Let me openly tell you the truth, an unforgiving spirit is a demonic spirit, please do away with it.
Love God wholeheartedly: According to 1 Corinthians 2:9, has never seen, ear has never heard what God has in stock to those who love him. Try to let the love of God duel in you when engaging in fasting, it fastens the result.
Avoid eye service (Matthew 6:17): It is funny how some people try to impress others, whenever you do anything, does not do it for people to see, do it because God led it in your heart to do it. A good number of people get disappointed at the level of unanswered prayers, not because God hates them, but because they did what they did for people to see. Eye service. Fasting for people to see is bad, please do not do it.
Avoid Distraction in any way: Are you preparing for fasting, then you need to locate where you will be able to concentrate. Social media is one of the means of distraction. Avoid every necessary distraction whenever you want to engage in fasting.
Read your Bible: Fasting will not be complete if one wants to do it without reading the word of God. If you are fasting, make the Bible your companion, this is the way God speaks to man whenever he prays.
3 Days Fasting And Prayer Plan Bible Verses
Both the Old Testament and New Testament educate the value of fasting and prayer, which is avoiding food or drink in order to concentrate on prayer and craving God’s will. Fasting is mentioned more than 70 times in the Bible. In the Old Testament, there were two types of fasting: public and private, and both give great spiritual advantages.
Through many examples of people in the Bible who fasted, we can know that God reveals himself supernaturally through this exercise. Moses, Daniel, Mordecai, Esther and Jesus fasted.
- 2 Samuel 1:12: The people mourned and fasted for Saul and Johnathan his son.
- Matthew 26:41: Pray so that you will be tempted.
- Acts 13:2: While they were worshipping God and fasting, the Holy Spirit fell on him.
- Daniel 10:3: Daniel fasted for 3 weeks.
- Esther 4:16: This one talks about the story of Esther and Mordecai. They prayed and fasted for God’s children.
- Mark 9:29: This spirit will not go except through fasting and prayers. This shows that there are demonic that will not leave a man except he fasts and prays.
- 2 Corinthians 7:5: Give yourself to prayer and fasting, so that Satan will not tempt you.
3 Days Fasting And Prayer Plan
Start the program with Thanksgiving, sing songs of praise to God
Read Psalm 103: 1: Praise the Lord, my soul, together with everything in me, praise God.
- Lord Jesus, thank you for bro going me into the place of prayer and fasting, let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father Lord, I commit this activity to you, I shall never engage in this activity in vain in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord God Almighty, I am a sinner, please have mercy on me in the name of Jesus Christ.
- By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, my sins are all washed away in the name of Jesus Christ.
- At the end of this program, I shall have a testimony in the name of Jesus Christ.
Thank you, Lord, I know that you have answered my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. By the power in Christ’s name, my effort is not in vain, it shall be fruitful unto me and beneficial to God.
- Pray for your family
- Pray for the Church
- Pray your personal prayer point (the purpose for the fasting?
- Thank God for taking you this far in life.
Start the program with powerful praise and worship songs.
Text: Philippians 4:19: The Lord shall supply all that you need in life according to his wealth in glory.
Prayer and Confession
Father Lord, I have come to your presence once again, please do not cast me away in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing in life in the name of Jesus Christ.
I command the wealth of the Egyptians to locate me in the name of Jesus Christ.
I shall not fail again in life in the name of Jesus Christ.
Pick any thanksgiving song of your choice, take your time to praise God giving you the grace to get to this extent.
Text: Psalm 136: 6 Give thanks to the Lord for he is good and his mercy endures forever.
Bring your personal and deep problems to him, and give him thanks for answered prayers, tell him how you feel about him, magnify his Holy name.
- Thank you, Lord, for bringing me to the end of this program, I know that my request has been made known to you, and you are granting all my heart desires in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord God, whatsoever problem I came here with, I know that you have taken it away in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I thank you Lord for the grace, I thank you for all you have helped me to go through without breaking me. Let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus Christ.
Note: At the end of every fasting session, do not be in a hurry to take hard food, it might cause harm to your system. I would recommend you take a cup of warm water and after that, you eat fruits like Banana and watermelon.
This 3 days fasting and prayer plan is prepared to help you you achieve your aim when seeking God’s face. However. it is very important to know things to avoid when fasting. God bless you for taking the time to go through this article, I am sure you have learnt a thing or two. Put what you have learnt into practice and you will be happy you did.